Open Science Clouds, Artificial Intelligence, low-carbon technologies, and zero-emission transport are at the core of the newly launched Horizon Europe industrial partnerships.
With a shared commitment between the European Union’s Horizon Europe programme and private investments, the new European Partnerships will pursue large-scale innovative solutions to tackle the climate crisis and sustainability challenges, fulfilling the European Green Deal goals and Europe’s Digital Decade ambitions.
“Cooperation is key when it comes to overcoming the challenges in Europe’s green and digital transition and digital technologies are driving this transition towards a climate-neutral, circular, and more resilient economy,” said Margrethe Vestager, Executive Vice-President for a Europe Fit for the Digital Age.
According to the Commissioner for Internal Market, Thierry Breton, the Partnerships “will help put Europe on a path towards climate-neutrality by 2050 and a circular economy. Through their work, the Partnerships will also put an emphasis on developing the digital technologies needed for supporting Europe’s industrial leadership.”
The 11 European Partnerships are:
- European Partnership for the European Open Science Cloud.
- European Partnership for Artificial Intelligence, Data, and Robotics.
- European Partnership for Photonics.
- European Partnership for Clean Steel – Low Carbon Steelmaking
- European Partnership Made in Europe.
- European Partnership Processes4Planet.
- European Partnership for People-centric Sustainable Built Environment (Built4People).
- European Partnership towards Zero-emission Road Transport (2Zero).
- European Partnership for Connected, Cooperative, and Automated Mobility.
- European Partnership for Batteries: Towards a competitive European industrial battery value chain.
- European Partnership for Zero Emission Waterborne Transport.
The Memoranda of Understanding will be officially signed on June 23 during the European Research and Innovation Days. Registration is still open.
To learn more about the newly launched European Partnerships, click here.